'Transformers' street closures again Thursday
July 13, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Part of Michigan Avenue will be closed to traffic this coming weekend while crews film the movie "Transformers 3."
Crews will be shooting on the Michigan Avenue Bridge above the Chicago River, as well as aerial stunts near Trump Tower.
On Tuesday, city officials discussed the closures for July 15-18.
"Michigan Avenue will be closed between Ontario Street and Randolph Street starting 8 p.m. Thursday July 15th, and that will continue through 5 a.m. Monday, July 19," said Bobby Ware, Chicago Dept. of Transportation.
Lower Michigan Avenue will be closed between Hubbard and Wacker from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. Filming will also affect some downtown bus routes.
Last weekend, crews shot part of the movie in Chicago's Loop. Then they headed north to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where shooting took place near the Milwaukee Art Museum.
The Transformers movies are known for their aliens and special effects. The specifics are being kept under wraps, but fans in Milwaukee said they saw posters of automobiles and a classic car on site.
transformers 3 movie, local
Also SeePhotos:Chicago is "Transformed" into movie set
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 23 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 26 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 43 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward 48 min ago
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run 42 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos