Roommate wanted at MSI
July 15, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Want to sleep in a submarine? Well, you might just get the chance.
The Museum of Science and Industry is looking for a roommate.
The assignment includes living in the museum 24 hours /7 days a week from October 20 to November 18, 2010, and recording those experiences for the rest of the world. There are several rules and regulations, including no overnight visitors and no smoking, and you have to be completely committed to the museum for that month. But there's also a payout- $10,000, tech gadgets used to record your experience, and, of course, bragging rights. You do get to live in one of Chicago's most famous landmarks.
Applicants must provide a 60-second video on DVD, a 500-word essay, a photo, an application form and sign release and waiver.
Applicants can read the rules and apply at msichicago.org/matm
museum of science and industry, local
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- Thousands of area debit card users target of phishing calls
- 2 dead in Chicago Heights fire identified
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin