1 dead, at least 17 injured in shootings
July 17, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man was shot and killed early Saturday in the West Side Garfield Park neighborhood.
According to police, the man was in the well-lit play lot of Delano Elementary School in the 3900-block of West Wilcox Street. Authorities say approximately 50 adults were gathered in the lot, which is open for community use.
The victim has been identified as 29-year-old Reggie Coles of Chicago.
There was no word Saturday evening of any suspects or a possible motive.
Police say at least a dozen other people were injured in shootings overnight.
Friday night an 18-year-old man was shot after boarding a Pace bus in Chicago's Gresham neighborhood near 79th Street and Western. Police say the victim was involved in an altercation outside the bus and after he boarded the bus. Another person reportedly followed him on and shot him.
The victim was shot in the leg and was taken to a hospital. Police say they have a person of interest in custody.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break 59 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water...
59 min ago