Cab crashes into 7-Eleven
July 21, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Seven people were injured in a two-car crash that sent a cab into a convenience store in Chicago's Loop. All are expected to be OK.
A car and taxi cab collided at the intersection of Wabash and Adams late Tuesday night. The cab then crashed through the front of a 7-Eleven store on the corner, while the car struck a row of newspaper stands.
Several pedestrians were struck and both the car and the taxi's drivers were hurt.
Fire department paramedics treated seven people in all. They're all expected to be OK.
"I heard an incredible boom, and we saw this guy on the ground. He had been hit by the car who hit the news stand, and the cab driver went straight into the 7-Eleven and just missed a couple of the clerks that were at the cashier and things like that," said Steven Majors, witness.
Police are investigating what caused the crash. Citations are pending against the cab driver and the driver of the car.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 7 min ago
- City: Kup statue not stolen, out for repairs
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 25 min ago
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage 20 min ago
- Western closed St. Paul to Mofftt over weekend 48 min ago
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake 46 min ago