Wacker block to reopen early Thursday
July 21, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Wacker Drive between Wabash and Michigan will be closed until 5 a.m. Thursday for the filming of "Transformers 3."
On Sunday, cameras caught movie star Shia Lebeouf grabbing some breakfast and looking ready for action. Fans should brace for more explosions, based on the wires that could be seen coming out of many of the beat-up cars used for the film.
The Hollywood-made destruction in the street has attracted fans who have never seen a film shoot. They were determined to see some movie magic, despite the weekend's hot weather.
"They're so awesome, and they destroy stuff. That's why I have a game," said fan Jacob Smith.
"[I'm] excited, happy because I like Shia Lebeouf a lot and a lot of the Transformers," said Ti'ana Baxter, also a fan.
Film crews are expected to be in town until August 23.
transformers 3 movie, local
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 3 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 58 min ago
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 42 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 8 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor 23 min ago
- 7 in :77