Wacker block to reopen early Thursday
July 21, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Wacker Drive between Wabash and Michigan will be closed until 5 a.m. Thursday for the filming of "Transformers 3."
On Sunday, cameras caught movie star Shia Lebeouf grabbing some breakfast and looking ready for action. Fans should brace for more explosions, based on the wires that could be seen coming out of many of the beat-up cars used for the film.
The Hollywood-made destruction in the street has attracted fans who have never seen a film shoot. They were determined to see some movie magic, despite the weekend's hot weather.
"They're so awesome, and they destroy stuff. That's why I have a game," said fan Jacob Smith.
"[I'm] excited, happy because I like Shia Lebeouf a lot and a lot of the Transformers," said Ti'ana Baxter, also a fan.
Film crews are expected to be in town until August 23.
transformers 3 movie, local
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting in West Town 10 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 30 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway 39 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 50 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting in...
10 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on...
30 min ago