1 injured in North Side plant explosion
July 27, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person suffered burn injuries Tuesday afternoon after a series of explosions on the North Side.
It happened at a building in the 1700-block of Elston. The fire department says a company which melts metal is located there.
The person that was injured suffered burns when there were a couple explosions in a furnace. That person was transported to Northwestern Hospital in serious conditions, but his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
- South suburbs on alert after series of attacks
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Crowds descend on Rome ahead of canonization
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrigley Field anniversary cake tossed in dumpster
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 5 CPS schools to begin offering mariachi classes
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Hinsdale woman featured in People magazine
- All Southland College Prep seniors accepted to college
- NIU hazing death case in court
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- abcnews: Avril Lavigne Slammed for New Video