1 injured in North Side plant explosion
July 27, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person suffered burn injuries Tuesday afternoon after a series of explosions on the North Side.
It happened at a building in the 1700-block of Elston. The fire department says a company which melts metal is located there.
The person that was injured suffered burns when there were a couple explosions in a furnace. That person was transported to Northwestern Hospital in serious conditions, but his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 6 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 11 min ago
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash 44 min ago
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake