1 injured in North Side plant explosion
July 27, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person suffered burn injuries Tuesday afternoon after a series of explosions on the North Side.
It happened at a building in the 1700-block of Elston. The fire department says a company which melts metal is located there.
The person that was injured suffered burns when there were a couple explosions in a furnace. That person was transported to Northwestern Hospital in serious conditions, but his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 36 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 56 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77