1 injured in North Side plant explosion
July 27, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person suffered burn injuries Tuesday afternoon after a series of explosions on the North Side.
It happened at a building in the 1700-block of Elston. The fire department says a company which melts metal is located there.
The person that was injured suffered burns when there were a couple explosions in a furnace. That person was transported to Northwestern Hospital in serious conditions, but his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos