Family, friends remember Ryan Harris
July 28, 2010 (CHICAGO) -- A picnic and celebration took place Wednesday afternoon to remember the life of Ryan Harris, a Chicago girl found murdered 12 years ago.
People in the Englewood community released balloons in memory of Harris and then took part in the annual picnic. She was 11 years old when she was kidnapped, raped and murdered.
Prosecutors initially charged two young boys with her murder. Those charges were later dropped.
Floyd Durr was later convicted and sentenced to life in prison for the killing.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Lawyer: No more appeals for Crundwell 35 min ago
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 33 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout