Judge: Jury cannot have transcript
July 29, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Jurors deliberating the fate of ousted former governor Rod Blagojevich asked the judge for a transcript of the prosecution's closing argument.
Judge James Zagel denied the request, saying it is not evidence. It's the jurors' first full day of deliberations. They left for the day at 5 p.m. Thursday, but will be back Friday at 9 a.m. to continue the discussion.
The 12 jurors- six men and six women- got the case Wednesday afternoon. They plan to meet Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until a verdict is reached. Deliberations could last for days -- or even weeks.
Blagojevich has pleaded not guilty to trying to sell or trade an appointment to President Barack Obama's vacated Senate seat. His brother, Robert Blagojevich, has also pleaded not guilty to taking part in the alleged scheme.
rod blagojevich, local, jason knowles
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 35 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes 51 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges 24 min ago
- Man shot to death in Hammond 14 min ago
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 7 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
35 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for...
51 min ago
Highlights from Blagojevich Trial
- Blagojevich Trial: About the Jurors
- Witness: Blago wanted cash for state funds
- Blago Tapes: Winfrey a 'kingmaker'
- Blago tapes: 'I'm stuck in this f---ing job'
- FBI tapes: Blagojevich calls Obama 'all take, no give'
- Blago jurors hear 'f---ing golden' tape
- Aide: Blago said he made Obama seat deal
- Opening statements heard in Blago trial
- Blago judge: Opening statements start Tuesday