Blago jurors ask for testimony transcripts
July 30, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Jurors in the corruption trial of former governor Rod Blagojevich had a second question for the judge on Friday, their second full day of deliberations.
A note, signed by the jury foreman, was given to Judge James Zagel, "Is it permissible to obtain the transcript of the testimony? That would be helpful. Thank you"
Judge Zagel interpreted the note to mean the jurors wanted transcripts from all witnesses. He said he would consider requests on "specific witness" and sent a note back saying as much.
Attorneys for Blagojevich objected, saying they feared it would give prosecutors the chance to replay their case in the jury room. The defense called no witnesses during the trial.
Also on Friday, Judge Zagel denied the defense's motion for a mistrial, which was filed on Wednesday.
On Thursday, jurors had asked the judge for a copy of the prosecution's closing arguments. That was denied.
Blagojevich and his brother, Robert, have pleaded not guilty to charges of trying to sell or trade an appointment to the U.S. Senate and illegally pressuring people for campaign donations.
rod blagojevich, local
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Highlights from Blagojevich Trial
- Blagojevich Trial: About the Jurors
- Witness: Blago wanted cash for state funds
- Blago Tapes: Winfrey a 'kingmaker'
- Blago tapes: 'I'm stuck in this f---ing job'
- FBI tapes: Blagojevich calls Obama 'all take, no give'
- Blago jurors hear 'f---ing golden' tape
- Aide: Blago said he made Obama seat deal
- Opening statements heard in Blago trial
- Blago judge: Opening statements start Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos