'Transformers' closes part of Van Buren downtown
August 1, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Movie fans who came out to watch Sunday night's action on the "Transformers 3" set were thrilled to meet one of the stars.
Josh Duhamel rode a bike up to the crowd at State Street and Wacker and shook hands.
Parts of Wacker and Wabash that were closed all weekend for the shoot will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday. However, Van Buren Street will be closed between Wacker and Canal from 5 a.m. Monday through 10 p.m. Wednesday, except during the evening rush from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. when at least two lanes will be opened.
An aerial photography unit also will be flying in the area and along the south branch of the Chicago River. Chicago's fire and police departments will also supervise special effects, including simulated gunfire, smoke and explosions.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 24 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 53 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 37 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds