'Transformers' closes part of Van Buren downtown
August 1, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Movie fans who came out to watch Sunday night's action on the "Transformers 3" set were thrilled to meet one of the stars.
Josh Duhamel rode a bike up to the crowd at State Street and Wacker and shook hands.
Parts of Wacker and Wabash that were closed all weekend for the shoot will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday. However, Van Buren Street will be closed between Wacker and Canal from 5 a.m. Monday through 10 p.m. Wednesday, except during the evening rush from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. when at least two lanes will be opened.
An aerial photography unit also will be flying in the area and along the south branch of the Chicago River. Chicago's fire and police departments will also supervise special effects, including simulated gunfire, smoke and explosions.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 35 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley 52 min ago
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 42 min ago
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- Spring Tech Gadgets
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos