'Transformers' closes part of Van Buren downtown
August 1, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Movie fans who came out to watch Sunday night's action on the "Transformers 3" set were thrilled to meet one of the stars.
Josh Duhamel rode a bike up to the crowd at State Street and Wacker and shook hands.
Parts of Wacker and Wabash that were closed all weekend for the shoot will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday. However, Van Buren Street will be closed between Wacker and Canal from 5 a.m. Monday through 10 p.m. Wednesday, except during the evening rush from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. when at least two lanes will be opened.
An aerial photography unit also will be flying in the area and along the south branch of the Chicago River. Chicago's fire and police departments will also supervise special effects, including simulated gunfire, smoke and explosions.
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th 11 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 56 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos