Jury selection begins in toddler murder trial
August 2, 2010 (WLS) -- Jury selection started Monday for the northwest Indiana woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl last year.
Engelica Castillo of Hobart is charged with beating Jada Justice. Castillo was babysitting the toddler when prosecutors say Castillo beat the child then dumped her body in a swamp.
Castillo's then-boyfriend, who was also watching the child, pleaded guilty to the crime in June and is expected to testify against Castillo.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area