Testimony begins in toddler murder trial
August 4, 2010 (WLS) -- Testimony has begun in the trial of a northwest Indiana woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl last year.
Engelica Castillo of Hobart is charged with beating Jada Justice.
Jury selection wrapped up Wednesday morning. Castillo was babysitting the toddler when prosecutors say she beat the child then dumped her body in a swamp.
Castillo's then-boyfriend, Timothy Tkachik, was also watching the child. He pleaded guilty to neglect charge in June and is expected to testify against Castillo.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 2 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 18 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 52 min ago
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 12 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
20 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
2 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
18 min ago