Testimony begins in toddler murder trial
August 4, 2010 (WLS) -- Testimony has begun in the trial of a northwest Indiana woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl last year.
Engelica Castillo of Hobart is charged with beating Jada Justice.
Jury selection wrapped up Wednesday morning. Castillo was babysitting the toddler when prosecutors say she beat the child then dumped her body in a swamp.
Castillo's then-boyfriend, Timothy Tkachik, was also watching the child. He pleaded guilty to neglect charge in June and is expected to testify against Castillo.
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way
- Chicago memorials honor Nelson Mandela 14 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Office Depot move disappoints IL lawmakers 32 min ago
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Man charged with pouring boiling water on teen 41 min ago
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns
- Sex assault trial begins without defendant, 85
- CTA trains to be cleaned less often, union says 11 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77