Jury considers life sentence for killer of toddler
August 13, 2010 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- A jury in northwest Indiana is now determining how a woman should be sentenced after it found her guilty of murdering a 2-year-old girl.Twenty-year-old Engelica Castillo of Hobart was found guilty Thursday of killing jada Justice while babysitting the toddler.
Prosecutors say Castillo beat the child and then dumped her body in a swamp.
The jury spent Friday considering whether Castillo should be sentenced to life in prison without parole after convicting her of murder, neglect and battery charges.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 24 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 27 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 14 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 14 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 28 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 4 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former...
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos