Jury considers life sentence for killer of toddler
August 13, 2010 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- A jury in northwest Indiana is now determining how a woman should be sentenced after it found her guilty of murdering a 2-year-old girl.Twenty-year-old Engelica Castillo of Hobart was found guilty Thursday of killing jada Justice while babysitting the toddler.
Prosecutors say Castillo beat the child and then dumped her body in a swamp.
The jury spent Friday considering whether Castillo should be sentenced to life in prison without parole after convicting her of murder, neglect and battery charges.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants 19 min ago
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash 17 min ago
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness 43 min ago
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident 36 min ago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- NU women's basketball team committed to...
43 min ago