Jury considers life sentence for killer of toddler
August 13, 2010 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- A jury in northwest Indiana is now determining how a woman should be sentenced after it found her guilty of murdering a 2-year-old girl.Twenty-year-old Engelica Castillo of Hobart was found guilty Thursday of killing jada Justice while babysitting the toddler.
Prosecutors say Castillo beat the child and then dumped her body in a swamp.
The jury spent Friday considering whether Castillo should be sentenced to life in prison without parole after convicting her of murder, neglect and battery charges.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos