Man charged in stabbing death of ex-girlfriend
August 15, 2010 (WLS) -- A Rogers Park man faces charges in connection with the stabbing death of his ex-girlfriend.
William Caponegri, 49, was charged Sunday night with first degree murder and violating an order of protection.
Chicago police say Karen Salino, 52, went to his apartment in the 6700-block of N. Glenwood even though she had an order of protection against Caponegri.
The two reportedly had an argument, and he is accused of strangling and stabbing her.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos