Quinn announces road construction project
Governor Pat Quinn has announced a big road construction project that he says it will ease congestion, improve safety and create jobs.
The project will reconstruct the interchange at Interstate 55 and Arsenal Road in Will County. It is funded through the Illinois Jobs Now capital construction plan. The project is expected to create or retain nearly 900 jobs.
The changes in the interchange are being made to accommodate more traffic expected in the area in the next 20 years.
will county, state of illinois, local
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home