Quinn announces road construction project
Governor Pat Quinn has announced a big road construction project that he says it will ease congestion, improve safety and create jobs.
The project will reconstruct the interchange at Interstate 55 and Arsenal Road in Will County. It is funded through the Illinois Jobs Now capital construction plan. The project is expected to create or retain nearly 900 jobs.
The changes in the interchange are being made to accommodate more traffic expected in the area in the next 20 years.
will county, state of illinois, local
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 11 min ago
- Last forum held before GOP primary 7 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly...
14 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
11 min ago
- Last forum held before GOP primary
7 min ago