Quinn announces road construction project
Governor Pat Quinn has announced a big road construction project that he says it will ease congestion, improve safety and create jobs.
The project will reconstruct the interchange at Interstate 55 and Arsenal Road in Will County. It is funded through the Illinois Jobs Now capital construction plan. The project is expected to create or retain nearly 900 jobs.
The changes in the interchange are being made to accommodate more traffic expected in the area in the next 20 years.
will county, state of illinois, local
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old