Man arrested in July 10 stabbing death
August 30, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 42-year-old Chicago man is under arrest in connection with a fatal stabbing last month in the South Chicago neighborhood.
Carl M. Winston of the 1100-block of North Larrabee was charged Sunday with one count of first-degree murder after a 23-year-old man was killed July 10 in the 7800-block of South Essex.
Victim Kemanuel Montgomery died of a stab wound to the chest. Police said Montgomery had alleged gang affiliations.
Tactical officers from the South Chicago District located and arrested Winston in the 8000-block of South Manistee, a police press release said.
Police said in July the incident began when a man slapped a family friend of Montgomery with cerebral palsy. Montgomery then confronted Winston, who stabbed Montgomery with a knife.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis 26 min ago
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- NIU hazing death case in court 30 min ago
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4 14 min ago
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 5 min ago
- Ex-booster club president pleads guilty to theft
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike 42 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- 'Ice Road Truckers' driver charged with kidnapping prostitute
- 1888 shipwreck pictures in SF Bay released
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos