Man charged in Chinatown strangulation
September 3, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man is charged with robbery and murder following an attack in Chinatown two months ago.
Another man is being questioned in the July 3 murder.
Phinneus Banks is charged with strangling Xiaohong Song after he and a friend got off a casino bus on 23d Street.
Police say Song was walking with another man when a robber approached them from behind, threw them to the ground and took cash and other personal items.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos