Man charged in Chinatown strangulation
September 3, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man is charged with robbery and murder following an attack in Chinatown two months ago.
Another man is being questioned in the July 3 murder.
Phinneus Banks is charged with strangling Xiaohong Song after he and a friend got off a casino bus on 23d Street.
Police say Song was walking with another man when a robber approached them from behind, threw them to the ground and took cash and other personal items.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits