Candidate requirements to run for mayor
September 8, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- What are the qualifications to run for mayor of Chicago?
Candidates have to be:18 years old A registered voter A resident of the city of Chicago Without any debt, unpaid tax, lien or other obligation to the city of Chicago Without a felony conviction or conviction for any infamous crime, bribery or perjury.
Candidates also must have a minimum of 12,500 signatures and file at the Board of Election Commissioners between November 15 and November 22, 2010.
The municipal election will be February 22, 2011.
The winner's term will begin at 12 p.m. May 16, 2011.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation