Candidate requirements to run for mayor
September 8, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- What are the qualifications to run for mayor of Chicago?
Candidates have to be:18 years old A registered voter A resident of the city of Chicago Without any debt, unpaid tax, lien or other obligation to the city of Chicago Without a felony conviction or conviction for any infamous crime, bribery or perjury.
Candidates also must have a minimum of 12,500 signatures and file at the Board of Election Commissioners between November 15 and November 22, 2010.
The municipal election will be February 22, 2011.
The winner's term will begin at 12 p.m. May 16, 2011.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot