Porch collapses in suburbs, 11 injured
September 11, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Eleven people were injured when a porch collapsed Saturday evening in south suburban Tinley Park.
The wooden porch was about 10 feet off the ground on the second floor of a townhouse. It fell on top of a group of people standing underneath the porch in the yard.
Officials said the injuries were not life-threatening.
The victims were taken to hospitals as a precautionary measure because most of them are senior citizens.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party 54 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77