Porch collapses in suburbs, 11 injured
September 11, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Eleven people were injured when a porch collapsed Saturday evening in south suburban Tinley Park.
The wooden porch was about 10 feet off the ground on the second floor of a townhouse. It fell on top of a group of people standing underneath the porch in the yard.
Officials said the injuries were not life-threatening.
The victims were taken to hospitals as a precautionary measure because most of them are senior citizens.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago