Whittier school sit-in enters day ten
September 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The parent sit-in at Whittier elementary in Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood is now in its tenth day.
This morning they took their protest to the office of Alderman Danny Solis.
Solis sent a letter to parents on Tuesday saying schools CEO Ron Huberman agreed not to demolish a Whittier fieldhouse until a third structural assessment is completed.
Parents now say the letter is not good enough and the sit-in will continue.
They want the fieldhouse converted into a library, but school officials say the building is structurally unsafe.
On Friday, Alderman Solis said he is waiting for a third structural report before he can move forward take further action.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla 48 min ago
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches 32 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos