Whittier school sit-in enters day ten
September 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The parent sit-in at Whittier elementary in Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood is now in its tenth day.
This morning they took their protest to the office of Alderman Danny Solis.
Solis sent a letter to parents on Tuesday saying schools CEO Ron Huberman agreed not to demolish a Whittier fieldhouse until a third structural assessment is completed.
Parents now say the letter is not good enough and the sit-in will continue.
They want the fieldhouse converted into a library, but school officials say the building is structurally unsafe.
On Friday, Alderman Solis said he is waiting for a third structural report before he can move forward take further action.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement 46 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS 57 min ago
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos