Archdiocese withholds comment on priest lawsuit
September 29, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's Roman Catholic archdiocese isn't commenting on another lawsuit involving defrocked priest Daniel McCormack.
The suit accuses the archdiocese and Cardinal Francis George of ignoring allegations lodged against McCormack for years, leaving children vulnerable.
This most recent suit claims the victim was abused over a period of roughly four years, starting in the 2002-'03 school year.
McCormack previously pleaded guilty to charges he fondled five boys. He was sentenced to a five-year prison term in connection with the criminal case.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year