55 people arrested in drug, weapon busts
September 30, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- 55 people face charges after they were arrested in separate drug and weapons busts this week.
U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald detailed the cases Thursday with Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez.
The operation infiltrated cocaine and heroin supply networks on Chicago's South and West Sides. It also investigated street-gang related sales of drugs and guns.
Several kilograms of heroin and cocaine and more than $800,000 in cash were seized during the raids.
Those charged include drug wholesalers who, prosecutors say, have narcotics supply connections in Mexico.
Their sales reportedly extended from Chicago into Indiana and Wisconsin.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits