55 people arrested in drug, weapon busts
September 30, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- 55 people face charges after they were arrested in separate drug and weapons busts this week.
U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald detailed the cases Thursday with Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez.
The operation infiltrated cocaine and heroin supply networks on Chicago's South and West Sides. It also investigated street-gang related sales of drugs and guns.
Several kilograms of heroin and cocaine and more than $800,000 in cash were seized during the raids.
Those charged include drug wholesalers who, prosecutors say, have narcotics supply connections in Mexico.
Their sales reportedly extended from Chicago into Indiana and Wisconsin.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake