Whittier parents continue protest
October 4, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Protestors are refusing to leave a South Side field house even though the gas has been cut off.
A handful of parents has been staging a sit-in at the Whittier Elementary School field house for nearly three weeks. They want the district to convert the building into a library.
But CPS officials say the structure is unsound. They have asked parents to vacate the premises and work with the district on a solution.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation