Fallen officers honored at memorial
October 14, 2010 (CHICAGO -- Police Superintendent Jody Weis led a memorial Thursday to honor the stars of fallen officers.
Bagpipers opened the ceremony on the 100th anniversary of the superintendent's honored star case.
The case in police headquarters holds 477 police stars, the badge of each officer who died in the line of duty.
Superintendent Weis said the stars represent the courage and commitment of the fallen officers. He called their sacrifice immeasurable and everlasting.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds