Fallen officers honored at memorial
October 14, 2010 (CHICAGO -- Police Superintendent Jody Weis led a memorial Thursday to honor the stars of fallen officers.
Bagpipers opened the ceremony on the 100th anniversary of the superintendent's honored star case.
The case in police headquarters holds 477 police stars, the badge of each officer who died in the line of duty.
Superintendent Weis said the stars represent the courage and commitment of the fallen officers. He called their sacrifice immeasurable and everlasting.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 20 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather 1 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless 37 min ago
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill. 41 min ago
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time' 37 min ago
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
20 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game...
1 min ago