Tips led to Harvey triple-murder arrests
October 26, 2010 (HARVEY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in south suburban Harvey have several suspects in custody following the Sunday murders of a woman, a teenager and a 9-year-old girl.
Police say tips from the public helped lead them to the three suspects in custody, but those suspects still had yet to be formally charged as of 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.
On Monday night, family members of the victims held a vigil for the four people shot, including the youngest victim and only survivor, a 4-year-old who remained in critical but stable condition Tuesday. His mother, Donysha Stovall, 28, died at the hospital from her gunshot wounds, along with her 9-year-old daughter, Clarisma Torrey. Shaquille Davis, 16, the son of Stovall's boyfriend, was also killed.
All four people were shot in their apartment late Sunday night in the 300-block of West 151st Place. Police say they found a large amount of narcotics in the home and believe the crime is drug related.
"The individual suspects were brought into custody, and I'm proud of the Harvey Police Department, but more importantly, very proud of the citizens who stepped up," said Harvey Mayor Eric Kellogg.
Davis was a gang member who was recently released from a juvenile detention facility, police say. Police have called his father a person of interest. They're still questioning him and say he had some type of connection to the suspects.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana 3 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages 43 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos