Rezko trying to get conviction overturned
November 4, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Tony Rezko, the former fundraiser for Rod Blagojevich, is trying to get his conviction overturned.
A lawyer for Rezko was in court Thursday.
The defense attorney told the federal judge that he will file a motion related to the honest services law.
The Supreme Court ruled that law unconstitutional. The law was partially used to convict Rezko in 2008.
Rezko is set to be sentenced on January 28 for his role in a scheme to solicit kickbacks from companies seeking state contracts.
rod blagojevich, local
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 32 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 37 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street 46 min ago
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 7 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released 15 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos