Rezko trying to get conviction overturned
November 4, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Tony Rezko, the former fundraiser for Rod Blagojevich, is trying to get his conviction overturned.
A lawyer for Rezko was in court Thursday.
The defense attorney told the federal judge that he will file a motion related to the honest services law.
The Supreme Court ruled that law unconstitutional. The law was partially used to convict Rezko in 2008.
Rezko is set to be sentenced on January 28 for his role in a scheme to solicit kickbacks from companies seeking state contracts.
rod blagojevich, local
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 11 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 27 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 29 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 5 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 21 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
29 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
11 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
27 min ago