Thousands rally to protest Christian killings in Iraq
November 8, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thousands rallied in the Loop Monday to protest the recent killings of Assyrian Christians in Iraq.
The event was dubbed "The Black March."
Demonstrators called on the U.S. and Iraqi governments to do more to protect Christians in Iraq.
On October 31 militants took hostages in a Baghdad church. Nearly 60 were killed.
March organizers say 66 Iraqi churches have been attacked in the last seven years.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 19 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos