Bat attack victim contracts infection
November 11, 2010 (NORTHERN IRELAND) (WLS) -- An exchange student from Northern Ireland who was beaten with a baseball bat in Bucktown is now fighting a serious infection.
Natasha McShane underwent brain surgery in Chicago after she was attacked in April while walking home with a friend on Chicago's Northwest Side. The UIC graduate student was critically injured and returned to Europe for rehabilitation and additional surgery.
Her family says she recently contracted an infection at Musgrave Park Hospital in Northern Ireland.
Two people have been charged in that bat attack.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting 58 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
58 min ago