Bat attack victim contracts infection
November 11, 2010 (NORTHERN IRELAND) (WLS) -- An exchange student from Northern Ireland who was beaten with a baseball bat in Bucktown is now fighting a serious infection.
Natasha McShane underwent brain surgery in Chicago after she was attacked in April while walking home with a friend on Chicago's Northwest Side. The UIC graduate student was critically injured and returned to Europe for rehabilitation and additional surgery.
Her family says she recently contracted an infection at Musgrave Park Hospital in Northern Ireland.
Two people have been charged in that bat attack.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 7 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- Standoff suspect may be man wanted in Ga....
7 min ago
- Police chase, standoff closes Lake Shore...
24 min ago
- Officer injured in LSD crash following...
34 min ago