Bat attack victim contracts infection
November 11, 2010 (NORTHERN IRELAND) (WLS) -- An exchange student from Northern Ireland who was beaten with a baseball bat in Bucktown is now fighting a serious infection.
Natasha McShane underwent brain surgery in Chicago after she was attacked in April while walking home with a friend on Chicago's Northwest Side. The UIC graduate student was critically injured and returned to Europe for rehabilitation and additional surgery.
Her family says she recently contracted an infection at Musgrave Park Hospital in Northern Ireland.
Two people have been charged in that bat attack.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus