No injuries in Four Seasons fire
November 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There was quite a commotion just off the Magnificent Mile Friday afternoon.
A small fire broke out inside the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, 120 E. Delaware Place. Fire officials say the fire was confined to a sauna room on the eighth floor of the hotel.
"It appears it was probably electrical in nature," said Chicago Fire Department Deputy Chief Tony Van Buskirk. "We made sure smoke spread didn't cause a problem for residents. We made announcements asking all people in the building to stay in place."
Ambulances were sent to the scene as a precaution, but no one was injured.
building fire, local
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 27 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 35 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 14 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 14 min ago
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
27 min ago
- Daily Herald: Long-time Married Couples
22 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos