Bears fan falls to death at Soldier Field
November 28, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 23-year-old man died after falling from an upper area at Soldier Field during the Chicago Bears game Sunday evening.
The Chicago Fire Department said the man, who has not been identified pending family notification, was in the west colonnade of Soldier Field, 1400 South Museum Campus Drive, when he fell 50 feet to a ledge below. The Chicago Fire Department had to use an aerial tower with a basket to get the man down.
"It's not easy to get over that obviously there's substantial barricade involved up there to prevent any kind of incident," said Luca Serra, Soldier Field spokesperson.
The man was transported to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in critical condition around 5 p.m. He was pronounced dead at 5:24 p.m.
Police are investigating the circumstances of his death.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell 8 min ago
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare' 19 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 17 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 26 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 44 min ago
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 18 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage 39 min ago
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 16 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake