Bears fan falls to death at Soldier Field
November 28, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 23-year-old man died after falling from an upper area at Soldier Field during the Chicago Bears game Sunday evening.
The Chicago Fire Department said the man, who has not been identified pending family notification, was in the west colonnade of Soldier Field, 1400 South Museum Campus Drive, when he fell 50 feet to a ledge below. The Chicago Fire Department had to use an aerial tower with a basket to get the man down.
"It's not easy to get over that obviously there's substantial barricade involved up there to prevent any kind of incident," said Luca Serra, Soldier Field spokesperson.
The man was transported to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in critical condition around 5 p.m. He was pronounced dead at 5:24 p.m.
Police are investigating the circumstances of his death.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos