Bears fan falls to death at Soldier Field
November 28, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 23-year-old man died after falling from an upper area at Soldier Field during the Chicago Bears game Sunday evening.
The Chicago Fire Department said the man, who has not been identified pending family notification, was in the west colonnade of Soldier Field, 1400 South Museum Campus Drive, when he fell 50 feet to a ledge below. The Chicago Fire Department had to use an aerial tower with a basket to get the man down.
"It's not easy to get over that obviously there's substantial barricade involved up there to prevent any kind of incident," said Luca Serra, Soldier Field spokesperson.
The man was transported to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in critical condition around 5 p.m. He was pronounced dead at 5:24 p.m.
Police are investigating the circumstances of his death.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain 25 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault 58 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia 29 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing...
25 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
58 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
51 min ago