Funeral route for Cubs legend Santo released
December 7, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Fans of former Cubs third baseman Ron Santo are invited to line the route of the funeral procession, which will pass by Wrigley Field Friday afternoon.
Santo died last week of complications from bladder cancer. He was 70 years old.
ABC7Chicago.com will carry the funeral LIVE, starting at 10 a.m. Friday
A public visitation will be held Thursday at Holy Name Cathedral from 4 to 11 p.m. Fans should be in line by 11 p.m. for a chance to say goodbye.
Friday's funeral will have limited public seating, but fans will have a chance to pay their respects to the late radio announcer outside Wrigley Field at noon on Friday. A funeral procession will carry Santo's body past WGN-Radio at the Tribune Tower and on to Wrigley Field.
Santo will be eulogized by Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts, Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig and WGN Radio's Pat Hughes at the funeral Friday, which begins at 10 a.m.
- Officer in good condition following police chase 4 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...