Funeral route for Cubs legend Santo released
December 7, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Fans of former Cubs third baseman Ron Santo are invited to line the route of the funeral procession, which will pass by Wrigley Field Friday afternoon.
Santo died last week of complications from bladder cancer. He was 70 years old.
ABC7Chicago.com will carry the funeral LIVE, starting at 10 a.m. Friday
A public visitation will be held Thursday at Holy Name Cathedral from 4 to 11 p.m. Fans should be in line by 11 p.m. for a chance to say goodbye.
Friday's funeral will have limited public seating, but fans will have a chance to pay their respects to the late radio announcer outside Wrigley Field at noon on Friday. A funeral procession will carry Santo's body past WGN-Radio at the Tribune Tower and on to Wrigley Field.
Santo will be eulogized by Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts, Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig and WGN Radio's Pat Hughes at the funeral Friday, which begins at 10 a.m.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 58 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 46 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 52 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 31 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
58 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
46 min ago