Chicago teen dies from allergic reaction
December 20, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago teenager has died after a bad reaction from a food allergy.
Thirteen-year-old Katelyn Carlson died Friday after eating something at a school Christmas party.
Carlson was an honor student at Edison Regional Gifted Center.
The victim's father says Katelyn was aware of her allergy and careful of what she consumed.
Chicago public school officials say new laws will require school districts to implement a policy specific to food allergies starting in January.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody...
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- Photos: Easter traditions explained 13 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
11 min ago