Man pulled from Lake Michigan dies
January 1, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 19-year-old man died early New Year's Day after going into Lake Michigan near downtown Chicago.
Police say Michael Hilling, of Rock, Michigan, was trying to retrieve a water bottle his girlfriend dropped in the lake near Buckingham Fountain.
Hilling began struggling and went underwater. A Chicago Fire Department scuba team pulled him out.
He was rushed to Northwestern Memorial Hospital and was later pronounced dead.
Hilling and his girlfriend were celebrating their one-year anniversary.
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell 4 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up 3 min ago
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 1 min ago
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits
- Some construction suspended over holiday weekend
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old 19 min ago
- 7 in :77