Highland Park coyote attack, sighting reported
January 3, 2011 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in north suburban Highland Park warned residents with children and pets to be on alert for possible coyote attacks.
A woman walking says two adult coyotes attacked one of her unleashed dogs near a private beach east of Lakewood Place. The dog received minor injuries.
Another resident reported that a coyote followed her as she walked her dog near Sheridan Road and Roger Williams Avenue.
Residents on the southeast side of Highland Park are encouraged to supervise children and pets.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 47 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side 41 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case