Daley comes out against $20 Taste admission fee
January 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Daley is speaking out against a proposal to charge a $20 admission fee for the Taste of Chicago.
A group called Celebrate Chicago has made a bid to run the Taste and has proposed the fee.
Daley says the festival should focus on food, not drawing big music acts like Summerfest in Milwaukee.
"This is not the taste of Milwaukee. This is the Taste of Chicago. It's only a food festival," said Daley. "We got into all tangents, start getting into everything. It became-- it's a food festival, not a music festival,"
Daley stopped short of completely rejecting Celebrate Chicago's plan.
The mayor has proposed privatizing the Taste.
mayor daley, local
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook 8 min ago
- 3-year old killed in North Side fire 15 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash 31 min ago
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 7 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death