Police: Men skip toll, officials find $1M in pot in car
January 17, 2011 (NORTH AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Authorities in Kane County seized 60-pounds of marijuana from the trunk of a vehicle during a traffic stop.
Pablo Galeana-Rueda of Washington State and Jose Hernandez-Calderon of California both face several felony charges-- including possession and trafficking.
They were allegedly hauling the high-quality marijuana from the West Coast to the Chicago area. Sheriffs police stopped the men Friday morning when they failed to pay the toll on the off ramp for Route 31 in North Aurora.
Bond was set at $1 million for each of the men.
The estimated street value of the drugs is $1 million.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 8 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 9 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77
6 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
8 min ago