1 arrested in West Side pot, gun bust
January 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person is in custody after a drug and gun bust on Chicago's West Side.
Police say they found about 115 pounds of high-end marijuana in the 5100-block of West Lake Street. Officers say it was being stored in a warehouse at an auto body shop. They also say they found some guns, including one that was stolen, and ammunition.
The marijuana is valued at around $750,000.
Fernando Camarillo, 43, of Melrose Park, is charged with one felony count of cannabis trafficking - over 5,000 grams, as well as a city ordinance violation for not having a business license and four other city ordinance weapons violations, a release from police News Affairs said.
The bust came after Harrison District Tactical officers learned a motor vehicle sales business was operating without a required business license.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 42 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 18 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
18 min ago