1 arrested in West Side pot, gun bust
January 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person is in custody after a drug and gun bust on Chicago's West Side.
Police say they found about 115 pounds of high-end marijuana in the 5100-block of West Lake Street. Officers say it was being stored in a warehouse at an auto body shop. They also say they found some guns, including one that was stolen, and ammunition.
The marijuana is valued at around $750,000.
Fernando Camarillo, 43, of Melrose Park, is charged with one felony count of cannabis trafficking - over 5,000 grams, as well as a city ordinance violation for not having a business license and four other city ordinance weapons violations, a release from police News Affairs said.
The bust came after Harrison District Tactical officers learned a motor vehicle sales business was operating without a required business license.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 22 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 10 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released 12 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All 28 min ago