Prosecutors: No missing Blago-Emanuel tape
February 14, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There is no missing FBI tape of Rod Blagojevich talking to Rahm Emanuel according to federal prosecutors in the case.
They say that if there was a conversation between the then White House chief of staff Emanuel and Blagojevich, it took place on a phone that was not recorded by the FBI.
Blagojevich's attorneys last week asked for the tape, saying it was mysteriously missing from the FBI files.
The impeached governor faces a retrial in April on charges he tried to sell the vacated senate seat of President-Elect Obama.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 3 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in...
7 min ago
- LSD standoff suspect wanted in wife's murder
21 min ago