Prosecutors: No missing Blago-Emanuel tape
February 14, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There is no missing FBI tape of Rod Blagojevich talking to Rahm Emanuel according to federal prosecutors in the case.
They say that if there was a conversation between the then White House chief of staff Emanuel and Blagojevich, it took place on a phone that was not recorded by the FBI.
Blagojevich's attorneys last week asked for the tape, saying it was mysteriously missing from the FBI files.
The impeached governor faces a retrial in April on charges he tried to sell the vacated senate seat of President-Elect Obama.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party