Zoo babies get 12-week check-ups
February 17, 2011 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Ten African wild dog puppies had a visit with veterinarians at Brookfield Zoo on Thursday.
The pups got their 12-week vaccinations during their check-ups. They are currently off exhibit at the zoo with their mother, Kim, 6; father, Digger, 4; and Digger's brother, Duke, 4.
Officials said the litter is important in the management of the animals because Brookfield is one of only three zoos to have African wild dog babies in the past year. African wild dogs are considered one of Africa's most endangered predators.
brookfield zoo, local
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 1 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant 1 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
5 min ago