Zoo babies get 12-week check-ups
February 17, 2011 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Ten African wild dog puppies had a visit with veterinarians at Brookfield Zoo on Thursday.
The pups got their 12-week vaccinations during their check-ups. They are currently off exhibit at the zoo with their mother, Kim, 6; father, Digger, 4; and Digger's brother, Duke, 4.
Officials said the litter is important in the management of the animals because Brookfield is one of only three zoos to have African wild dog babies in the past year. African wild dogs are considered one of Africa's most endangered predators.
brookfield zoo, local
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 52 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 18 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 24 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 29 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
32 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
52 min ago