Former CPD commander Burge reports to prison
March 16, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Chicago Police Commander Jon Burge reported to prison Wednesday morning.
Burge was sentenced to 4 1/2 years in prison for lying about the torture of suspects.
He'll serve his time at the Butner Federal Correctional Complex near Raleigh, North Carolina.
While Burge is in custody he will face more questions about police brutality.
Tuesday, a federal judge ordered Burge to submit to a video deposition in a civil case. The case involves two men who claim they were tortured by Burge or officers serving under him.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 11 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 3 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps 1 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos