Pfleger comments on reports he could leave St. Sabina
March 18, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Father Michael Pfleger has commented briefly on reports he has been asked to leave St. Sabina Catholic Church.
He reportedly would become president of Leo High School.
"I have been asked to move. I have written a response that I've sent to the cardinal and now I'll wait on the cardinal for response," said Pfleger told ABC7.
Father Pfleger spoke after appearing at a rally against gun violence at the Daley Center. He's been at St. Sabina for three decades.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill. 23 min ago
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations 37 min ago