Willis Tower harvests sun energy
March 22, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Willis Tower could be turned into a giant vertical solar farm if an experiment there is successful.
As part of a pilot project started in November, a few windows on the 56th floor have been treated to harvest energy from the sun.
The company that treated the windows claims each produces the same amount of energy as a conventional solar panel. It lets daylight in but cuts heat.
If successful, more windows on the building will be treated.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 36 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 29 min ago
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 32 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling 56 min ago
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
29 min ago
- ABC7 To Go: 3-7-14
2 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
36 min ago