Rivers Casino to open in Des Plaines
March 24, 2011 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- A new casino will opened in Des Plaines this summer. Its developers announced Thursday that it will be called Rivers Casino.
The $445 million facility will be located at the corner of Des Plaines River Road and Devon Avenue.
The developer, Midwest Gaming, says it will hold its first job information fair early next month at the Rosemont Convention Center.
The company says about 1,000 permanent jobs will be created by the casino.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff 35 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming 41 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights...
35 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
41 min ago