Rivers Casino to open in Des Plaines
March 24, 2011 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- A new casino will opened in Des Plaines this summer. Its developers announced Thursday that it will be called Rivers Casino.
The $445 million facility will be located at the corner of Des Plaines River Road and Devon Avenue.
The developer, Midwest Gaming, says it will hold its first job information fair early next month at the Rosemont Convention Center.
The company says about 1,000 permanent jobs will be created by the casino.
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages 54 min ago
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
- Ex-student allegedly threatened Glenbard East HS
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- Chicago fast food workers protest for...
54 min ago