Report: Archdiocese hasn't responded to Pfleger
March 28, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Father Michael Pfleger has reportedly not yet received a reply to a letter he sent to the Archdiocese of Chicago.
Pfleger told the Sun-Times he has yet to get a response.
Pfleger said he wants to stay at St. Sabina on the South Side, where he has served as pastor since 1984. Earlier this month, he confirmed that Francis Cardinal George has asked him to leave St. Sabina.
Pfleger has declined to confirm reports that he has been asked to take over nearby Leo Catholic High School, which has experienced declining enrollment.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Schaumburg couple survived Oklahoma tornado 53 min ago
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos