2 charged in brutal Forest Park beating
March 28, 2011 (FOREST PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two west suburban men were charged Monday in the brutal beating of a 71-year-old woman last month in a Forest Park grocery store parking lot.
Kenny Hollyfield of Addison is charged with several crimes including attempted first-degree murder and attempted robbery. Robert Mix of Addison is charged with aggravated battery and aggravated battery of a senior. Bond was set at $50,000 for Mix.The two were arrested when police observed a vehicle linked to the crime in Maywood. Police are still looking for third suspect in the case.
The three suspects are accused of attacking the elderly woman at 6 p.m. on February 11 outside Ultra Food Store, 7520 Roosevelt Road, as she was loading her groceries. Police said the suspects stalked her inside the store before following her into the parking lot. When she received to give up her purse, one of the men allegedly threw her to the ground, kicked her and stomped on her head. /p>
The victim is recovering from a fractured skull and broken eye socket.
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Food additive believed to be substance at Dunes beach
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools 43 min ago
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee 14 min ago
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app 57 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases 57 min ago
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
45 min ago
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new...
14 min ago
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund...
43 min ago
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos