2 charged in brutal Forest Park beating
March 28, 2011 (FOREST PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two west suburban men were charged Monday in the brutal beating of a 71-year-old woman last month in a Forest Park grocery store parking lot.
Kenny Hollyfield of Addison is charged with several crimes including attempted first-degree murder and attempted robbery. Robert Mix of Addison is charged with aggravated battery and aggravated battery of a senior. Bond was set at $50,000 for Mix.The two were arrested when police observed a vehicle linked to the crime in Maywood. Police are still looking for third suspect in the case.
The three suspects are accused of attacking the elderly woman at 6 p.m. on February 11 outside Ultra Food Store, 7520 Roosevelt Road, as she was loading her groceries. Police said the suspects stalked her inside the store before following her into the parking lot. When she received to give up her purse, one of the men allegedly threw her to the ground, kicked her and stomped on her head. /p>
The victim is recovering from a fractured skull and broken eye socket.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits