2 charged in brutal Forest Park beating
March 28, 2011 (FOREST PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two west suburban men were charged Monday in the brutal beating of a 71-year-old woman last month in a Forest Park grocery store parking lot.
Kenny Hollyfield of Addison is charged with several crimes including attempted first-degree murder and attempted robbery. Robert Mix of Addison is charged with aggravated battery and aggravated battery of a senior. Bond was set at $50,000 for Mix.The two were arrested when police observed a vehicle linked to the crime in Maywood. Police are still looking for third suspect in the case.
The three suspects are accused of attacking the elderly woman at 6 p.m. on February 11 outside Ultra Food Store, 7520 Roosevelt Road, as she was loading her groceries. Police said the suspects stalked her inside the store before following her into the parking lot. When she received to give up her purse, one of the men allegedly threw her to the ground, kicked her and stomped on her head. /p>
The victim is recovering from a fractured skull and broken eye socket.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 7 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 23 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 53 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe 28 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket...
7 min ago