Alleged victims of priest abuse seek punitive damages
March 28, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There is new action in a civil lawsuit involving alleged priest abuse and the Chicago province of the Society of Jesus.
Attorneys for three alleged victims of convicted priest Father Donald McGuire filed motions to consolidate the three cases into one.
McGuire has been convicted in both Chicago and Wisconsin of abusing children. He is serving a 25-year prison sentence.
The attorneys asked the judge to move ahead with punitive damages in the case. They also filed documents they say prove the Jesuits ignored warning signs about Father McGuire for 40 years.
ABC7 was unable to get a comment from the Chicago province of the Society of Jesus about the lawsuit.
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook 57 min ago
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire 1 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed 32 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 56 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 42 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- Starbucks to allow customers to tip via app 17 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
5 min ago