Bucktown bat attack victim struggling to recover
April 18, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Irish exchange student Natasha McShane is struggling with recovery one year after she was attacked with a bat in Chicago's Bucktown neighborhood.
The 23-year-old McShane is back home with her family in Northern Ireland.
Monday's Chicago Sun Times reports she can say only one word with regularity, and even her father isn't sure what it means. He told the paper that she has had several setbacks and caregivers must help to dress and feed her.
Two suspects are awaiting trial in connection with the attack.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 27 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 33 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 7 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 38 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
41 min ago