Let's Move! Flash Workout with Beyonce
May 3, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Grammy Award winner Beyonce led students from Chicago's Namaste Middle School and across the nation in a workout to help curb childhood obesity.
The "Let's Move! Flash Workout" is part of first lady Michelle Obama's initiative to fight childhood obesity, (letsmove.gov).
Beyonce re-wrote and re-recorded one of her songs, calling it "Move Your Body," for the Flash Workout, and videos have been produced in both English and Spanish. Watch the instructional videos on Youtube.com and watch Beyonce's introduction and performance . The students have learned the choreography and many schools will participate at the same time across the nation.
Let's Move! focuses on five things:
Creating a healthy start for children
Empowering parents and caregivers
Providing healthy food in schools
Improving access to healthy, affordable foods
Increasing physical activity
Learn about the program- and find out how you can get involved- at letsmove.gov
Namaste Charter School on the city's South Side was recently recognized for its efforts to make healthy food and fitness a part of the daily schedule.
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 54 min ago
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Milwaukee District West Metra trains moving, but delayed 30 min ago
- 'Sopranos' star James Gandolfini dead at 51 in Italy 38 min ago
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient 32 min ago
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- Blackhawks fans show support with lawns, office decor
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges...
32 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures...
54 min ago