St. Sabina parishioners pray for Pfleger
May 3, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Tuesday night, members of St. Sabina's Church prayed for their suspended pastor, Fr. Michael Pfleger.
Parishioners gathered at the church in support of Pfleger. Cardinal Francis George suspended him after some comments the South Side priest made about his future in the Catholic Church.
Pfleger has yet to speak publicly about his suspension.
Fr. Andrew Smith has moved into the parish at St. Sabina. He has said he's praying for Pfleger to remain with the church but respects the orders of the cardinal.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game 49 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a look back
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway 17 min ago
- Heisman Trophy 2013 Finalists: Jameis Winston, NIU's Jordan...
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Eataly Chicago closes for day- one week after opening
- Rich Williamson of Ill. GOP dies at 64
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913 54 min ago
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
49 min ago
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest...
57 min ago