St. Sabina parishioners pray for Pfleger
May 3, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Tuesday night, members of St. Sabina's Church prayed for their suspended pastor, Fr. Michael Pfleger.
Parishioners gathered at the church in support of Pfleger. Cardinal Francis George suspended him after some comments the South Side priest made about his future in the Catholic Church.
Pfleger has yet to speak publicly about his suspension.
Fr. Andrew Smith has moved into the parish at St. Sabina. He has said he's praying for Pfleger to remain with the church but respects the orders of the cardinal.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 2 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
43 min ago