St. Sabina parishioners pray for Pfleger
May 3, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Tuesday night, members of St. Sabina's Church prayed for their suspended pastor, Fr. Michael Pfleger.
Parishioners gathered at the church in support of Pfleger. Cardinal Francis George suspended him after some comments the South Side priest made about his future in the Catholic Church.
Pfleger has yet to speak publicly about his suspension.
Fr. Andrew Smith has moved into the parish at St. Sabina. He has said he's praying for Pfleger to remain with the church but respects the orders of the cardinal.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 7 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 52 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 42 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 21 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 52 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former... 15 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
17 min ago
- Chicago street repaving begins
43 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos