Parade celebrates Polish Constitution Day
May 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The 120th Polish Constitution Day Parade kicks off in Grant Park Saturday.
The parade celebrates the anniversary of the ratification of the Polish Constitution in May 1791 and is the largest of its kind outside of Poland.
Organizers said they expected 250,000 people along the parade route.
ABC7 Chicago is a sponsor of the parade, which was scheduled to begin at 11:30 a.m. at Columbus Drive and Balbo in front of Buckingham Fountain.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 2 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 2 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 57 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 4 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 36 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
4 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
2 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
2 min ago